Friday, July 10, 2009

4th of July Happenings


We stayed in town for the 4th. We were going to have a cookout, but with Doug's hand I was not sure I could handle all of the prep on my own, so we called it off and just had family fun, which was so much fun!!!! Our little town has a parade called Stars, Stripes, and Squirt guns! The participants and spectators squirt water guns at each other. It was sooooooooooo much fun. The kids had a blast. The M's are moving here also and so they came up for the parade and then we all went over to the farm house that they bought and are remodeling to move into the next few weeks. All of us then went to the fireworks. A storm came, so we viewed the fireworks from our van. The noise was not loud from where we were, but it totally freaked Sarah. I am wondering if the light flashes bother her. It took me a bit to calm her. I was so sorry that I even tried it with her, but I did not know that it was going to bother her so much. Part of the problem was that she was way past her bedtime and she was tired. Elijah wanted us all to dress alike so we got matching shirts and wore blue jean shorts. My camera decided that it wanted new batteries once we got to the parade, so I only got one picture. Guess I need to keep spare batteries on hand!!!
Posted on by Oily Special Momma | No comments

0 friends said: