This week is busy. Tons to do and then we start our traveling this weekend, so I have lots I really must get done. No time to waste.....well, you know how it goes. Here is a recap of my day yesterday:
1. Finish my last 2 embroidery projects for Christmas. This is where the hang up began. Not a good start. My thread kept breaking. So I changed my needle. I have been embroidering tons so I have gone through the needles. Nope not it. Then I cleaned the bobbin area, changed the bobbin, recleaned the bobbin area, tried a new needle,....you get the picture. I spent all morning on #1. and it is still not done.
2. Clean kitchen because I did not last night because I was downloading the patterns I needed for my embroidery. Not done, see number 1.
3. Laundry. Not done, see #1.
4. Take Sarah to school. Late, see #1.
5. Help at Elijah's school. Late, see #1--forgot to eat so had to stop and get a snack.
6. Pick up kids. Done-ontime, well I was already at the school!!
This was just my list until 3pm, then I just threw out the list and started over!!
Things not on my list:
1. Clean up all of my scrapbook stuff because while I was working on #1, Sarah got the baby gate down and took all of my stuff out and spread them all over the playroom. So not good.
2. Find Sarah's shoes. Boy can those shoes hide!
3. Clean up the trash that Sarah has spread over the kitchen while I was looking for shoes. Now I need to add mopping to my to do list.
4. Count to 10, no make that 100. I was pretty upset by this point and it was only 10:30am.
Praying today goes better, and no #1 is still not complete.
We are a family of five who have been blessed by God. Doug and I were married in 2002 and immediately wanted to start a family. God blessed us with our son Elijah in 2003 through the beauty of birth. Elijah loves to play outdoors and to play with his Nitendo. We were blessed with Sarah in 2007 through the beauty of adoption. Sarah has Down syndrome, but is not defined by it. She is proving all of the statistics wrong and is growing and achieving at a record pace. We were blessed with Isaac in 2010 to complete our family. He is also adopted and has Down syndrome, excited to watch him grow!! Doug is a utility forester with the local utility company. I, Robyn, am a stay at home mom who is never at home. I am a Young Living Essential Oils Independent Distributor and I love my oils! Elijah in the sixth grade and loves all things mindcraft and Star Wars. Sarah is 9 and in the 2nd grade. Isaac is almost 5 and doing preschool work. We are a homeschooling family that lives life to the fullest. I love my life and I am so blessed.
So a lot has happened since I was regularly blogging. We started homeschooling when Sarah started Kindergarten and Elijah was in 3rd grade....
We decided to start a blog site so family and friends could keep up with our family. We created this especially for Elizabeth so she can hav...
Going gluten and soy/soybean free has posed a bit of a dilemma at our house. All of the gluten free foods we liked, all have soy in them. Th...
Sunday we went to Abbe and Olivia's Fancy Christmas Party. Everyone wore their fancy party outfits. First we put out magic reindeer fo...
Thought I would get back into blogging about our life. We are a family of 5 who are on a journey of living life to the fullest and followin...
For the last year or so I have been getting the Lowe's magazine. They have some really great ideas, but honestly way over my head. I a...
Welcome 2014!!! We have had a quiet day at home. I decided over the weekend to rearrange the kids bedrooms. I moved Elijah to Sarah's ro...
Wow, has it really been almost a year since I posted? Sorry about that. I finally got on Facebook so I do most of my posting there. We hav...
THE GATE IS STILL HERE!!!!!!!! MAKE IT GO AWAY!! I JUST WANT TO GO UP THE STAIRS!
- ► 2011 (126)
- ► 2010 (89)
- ▼ December (15)
Powered by Blogger.