Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Sarah, where are you? S-A-R-A-H!!!

Yep, Sarah got away from me at church the other day and I could not find her. I was hysterical by the time she was found. I was talking to another mom and she was standing right by me playing, then I looked down and she was gone. She did not make a sound. Of course I am imagining the worse case senerio. I could she her with her head in the toliet, falling down the stairs or wondering out into the parking lot(of course Mrs. Karen stays at the door as parents drop off kids and makes sure no kids get out without the proper parent). I was frantic. I don't think I have ever been so upset. I was crying by the time we found her. At least we were at church where everyone knows and loves Sarah and would bring her back to me safe and secure. She had wondered down the hall and was in one of the rooms playing. The teacher in the room was trying to find me to see what was going on. I am so thankful that we were at church and not at a store. It has really made me rethink her safety. Elijah knows his full name, address, phone number and our names, but Sarah not being verbal could not give this information. She has a safety necklace with this info on it, that I need to update with the new address and make sure she is wearing it at all times. She also is now a proud owner of a puppy dog "leash" backpack that will be attached to her and me at all times.
Posted on by Oily Special Momma | 1 comment

1 friends said:

My name is Sarah said...

This is Joyce. Oh how I felt your panic as I was reading this. It is horrid how your mind starts thinking of all the worst case scenerios. I too lost my Sarah at JCPenney one day when she was about four and still had her trach. I told a clerk and next thing you know about eight security, both in uniform and plain clothes, came out of nowhere. She had gone out in the mall and was sitting on her favorite merry-go-round with not a care in the world. Sounds like the same with your Sarah, just playing happily in a classroom. So glad it turned out as it did.