Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Mommy to Royalty


Today Sarah decided to empty the drawer in the bathroom. When I caught her and told her no she immediately put her hands on her hips(don't know where she got that from) and declared, "I's the princess." To which I replied, "I am the princess' mommy and I said no little lady." Ahem, I then noticed that I had picked up her habit of putting my hands on my hips, not sure when that happened! This was one of those aha moments in life. You know the moment when you are struggling with a decision and you finally see God's plan. As I posted yesterday, I have been struggling with the best approach for Sarah's education. Last night, Doug and I talked and talked and talked about it and finally decided that a private preschool was best and we were going to do more play type therapy at home and just enjoy her toddler years as we did Elijah's. We are no longer going to focus on goals and getting the next goal or step. God created her so perfect and we need to enjoy that perfection in the form He intended. Pure love and joy. I was still looking for confirmation that she would be ok. Well, her above response is so typical for a 3 yr old. That assertion of independence and self reliance. Sassy and defiant as it was, I really just wanted to pick her up and doing a happy dance praising God for showing that this sassy three year old princess was going to be ok. In fact, the world is going to be a better place because of Sarah and the love and joy that she brings to others, I know because my world is much better with my little princess. When we dedicated her at church we picked this verse for her:

Psalm 139:14 "I will praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; marvelous are your works, and my soul knows very well."

This is a commentary I found on this verse when looking for a verse for her dedication:

In the original Hebrew text, the word 'fearfully' means: with great reverence and heart-felt interest and respect. The word 'wonderfully' means: unique, set apart, uniquely marvelous. WOW! No wonder the psalmist bursts out with exuberant praise in this verse. He realized the great love and concern that went into his unique and very individual creation. According to this Scripture, you truly are a Master Piece! The next time you have the temptation to ask the Lord, "Don't you care what is happening to me?" Remember this verse, because the total truth is that He cares and loves you with an acute intensity that cannot ever be measured.

My prayer for Sarah is that she grows to know that God created her fearfully and wonderfully and she is His Master Piece!!!!
Posted on by Oily Special Momma | 1 comment

1 friends said:

Unknown said...

Love when God answers prayers!! She is so wonderfully made and so precious to him and all she comes in contact with. Sounds like a great decision you are making for her!