Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree...

Yep, it's up!!!  Elijah loves Christmas.  He started talking about it before halloween.  I have never decorated before Thanksgiving, but this year I am tired of hearing Elijah beg to get the Christmas stuff out!  I broke down last week and took out the decorations.  Then we had to unpack them, nothing broken!!!!!!!  Then I decorated his room hoping that would suffice for the time being.  Nope, did not work.  So, I decorated the playroom and bathroom downstairs.  That lasted a week.  He started yesterday begging again to finish the decorations.  I had planned on doing it this weekend, but a friend has been trying to complete her profiles for an adoption and this past weekend her father passed away, so she has been in Texas.  I am going to help her finish her profiles this weekend, so the Christmas decorating has to be sped up to yesterday and today or put off until next week before we leave on Thursday to go to Chattanooga for the long weekend.  No time like the present.  Elijah was so eager to do the decorating that he cleaned up his room and Sarah's room.  Wow, if I had know that would have worked, I would have decorated weeks ago!  I got the kitchen, dining room, my bedroom and bath, the hall bath and Sarah's room decorated before Doug got home.  I then cooked supper and decorated the living room and finished up some odds and ins in the Kitchen before supper.  After supper, while the kids were in the bath, I got out the Christmas china and put it in the china cabinet and then got out the tree.  I got it fluffed and when the kids got out of the bath it was ready to decorate!  Here is the kiddos decorating:  (We normally get a live tree that we cut, but the farm we go to did not open this year due to drought.  I missed going and cutting the tree:(  )

God's Handiwork God's Handiwork God's Handiwork God's Handiwork God's Handiwork I will do a video tour next week after I do the clean up of boxes and stuff so you can see all of our fun decorations!!!

Posted on by Oily Special Momma | No comments

0 friends said: