Sunday, March 2, 2008

Downstairs bathroom, Is it finished yet?

Downstairs ceiling, Is it finished yet.....................NO!
Wall in dining room where washer and dryer was, Is it finished yet....................NO!

Master bathroom, Is it finished.............NO!


Well, our contractors said they would be finished in two weeks. Two weeks are up, are they finished yet, NO!! Now I realize that we have had a few setbacks/changes, but I really think they should be further along by now. I tried my hardest to get them to finish downstairs before starting upstairs. It was like talking to a brick wall. The reason for starting up stairs changed several times, but never a good reason to me, but I lost the battle.
Let me give you a breakdown of the week:
Mon: Everything went fine. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Tues: They began talking about starting upstairs. I put up a fight. It was decided they would start on Wed am. 10:30pm Sarah began vomiting and continued through the night.
Wed: I am ankle deep in laundry. No you can not start upstairs I need my washer. They stayed busy downstairs, and left me alone. They would start Thursday am. 10:30 pm-yes the same time different day different kid! Elijah began vomiting and continued throughout the night.

Thurs: I awake and don't feel so hot. I began vomiting. Carolyn(my MIL) is knee high in laundry. She told them all three of us were sick and no they could not take out the washer and dryer and start upstairs. They worked downstairs all day. That night Carolyn starts vomiting. Elijah also decides to stuff the toilet with a roll of toilet paper for fun. The roll does not flush and in his attempt to cover the mess he kept flushing the toilet until the contractor runs upstairs screaming it is pouring water downstairs! Now a new problem to fix.

Fri: Make Doug stay home I am too sick to lift my head, Carolyn is still vomiting. Doug is playing with both children in Elijah's room when I hear, "OH NO!!! I need help NOW!" Sarah had begun vomiting again. Now Doug is great with the kids and is great cleaning up the beds and floors when they vomit, but he has never been christened in vomit. Well, he has now. He was covered. The bed was covered, the toys were covered. Not good. I pick up Sarah, she vomits again and again, She and I am both covered. I am waist high in laundry. The contractor walks upstairs, turns around and walks back downstairs without saying a word. He works downstairs all day.

Sat: My washer and dryer disappear fast this morning. Guess they came up and did not see any laundry and made quick work of removing it!! So work has started upstairs. I yet have a completed project. Guess we are into week three and counting.
Sun: I awake feeling sick again. By the afternoon, Sarah has started having diarrhea. For those of you who do not know, Sarah is allergic to disposable diapers, so we use cloth diapers. Cloth diapers with diarrhea need to be laundered. OH WHERE, OH WHERE, IS MY WASHING MACHINE!!!! I WANT IT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Posted on by Oily Special Momma | No comments

0 friends said: